Join our digital flash mob to form a new, feminist theory of the avant-garde—what we’re calling the en dehors garde, in order to account for women writers and artists of color who come from the outside and work in the margins. We’re not just composing a new theory; we’re generating that theory through a new, collaborative process.
Send us a digital post(card) offering your thoughts, visions, or speculations about the en dehors garde. Please create within these productive constraints:
- Words: 140 characters up to 500 words
- Images: 300 dpi recommended
- Video: Send us a link to a YouTube or Vimeo video (3 minutes max).
- Audio: Upload your file to SoundCloud and send us the link (3 minutes max).
- We welcome other creative combinations of text, image, and digital media.
Participation in the digital flash mob can be easy and brief. Register below with your name and email address, and indicate your preference for having your name, a pseudonym, or anonymous designation attached to your postcard. Then copy & paste your content, upload your digital postcard, or send us a link. You’ll be under no obligation to go back and revise or resubmit (though editors will review and approve each submission before publishing them on this site).